This notice is for this website; www.rjcastiglione.com owned by RJ Castiglione Books and governs the privacy of those who use it. It explains how we control, process, handle and protect your personal data while browsing or using this website, including your rights under current laws and regulations.
"I" or "The Website" refers to RJ Castiglione
"you", "the user" refers to the user of the Website.
GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and process personal information about you electronically, limited to:
Telephone number (if provided)
Address (for payment processing)
Opt In Status for email marketing
We are exempt from registration in the ICO Data Protection Register because all data is used only for accounting, recording, and marketing purposes.
Lawful basis: Consent
1. The reason we use this basis: You gave us consent to use your data when you bought or negotiated to buy a book from my website.
2. We process your information in the following ways: To send you a book and keep you updated with special offers and news about my books.
3. Data retention period: We will continue to process your information indefinitely unless a data removal request is received.
4. Sharing your information: In order to fulfill marketing needs, your personal information will be imported into a mailing list managed by MailChimp (https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/). If specified upon checkout, you may be prompted to login to Paypal, Inc. (https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full). to complete order processing. If paying by credit card, your information is required to process the payment via Square, Inc. (https://squareup.com/us/en/legal/general/privacy).
Lawful basis: Legal obligation
1. The reason we use this basis: To pay my taxes correctly.
2. We process your information in the following ways: I must maintain a list of clients with name, address, and purchases for tax inspections in line with Rhode Island and the United States of America tax requirements.
3. Data retention period: Indefinitely
5. Sharing your information: In order to fulfill marketing needs, your first name, last name, and email address may be imported into a mailing list managed by MailChimp (https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/). If specified upon checkout, you may be prompted to login to Paypal, Inc. (https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full). to complete order processing. If paying by credit card, your information is required to process the payment via Square, Inc. (https://squareup.com/us/en/legal/general/privacy). At no time is your data sold or provided to third parties.
4. If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows.
· the right to be informed;
· the right of access;
· the right to rectification;
· the right to erasure;
· the right to restrict processing;
· the right to data portability;
· the right to object; and
· the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Cookies that we use are:
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies provided by GoDaddy, Inc.
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the "Processing of your personal data" above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an email marketing service provider. We use:
Subscription time & date
You can opt out of receiving emails or ask to see the data we hold for you, or request we remove your data at any time by the following methods:
· Unsubscribe at the bottom of the email
UPDATED MARCH 2019